Sat Sri Akaal
Namskar Salaam Alikum
| Home | Introductions of Punjabi Authors
| Press Releases | Bridge to Punjab-Online |
to other Websites | Letters to The Editor |
1st Issue Home Page |
to The Editor
Bhai Saheb Ji
Sat Sri Akal
I congratulate you all on your efforts in launching this site. I am giving a
link to your site check under "Links"
Kindly give a link to Sada Punjab www.sadapunjab.com on your site.
Keep up the good work and keep in touch
Jasvinder Singh Dhillon
Letter to The Webmaster
Here is an article I feel you should post on your website for the
sake of public saftey and public service.
Federalway Wa USA
Watch out for spiders -- an article by Dr. Beverly Clark, in the
Journal of the United Medical Association (JUMBO),
The mystery behind a recent spate of deaths has been solved. If you haven't already heard
about it three women turned up in the hospitals over a 5 day period,all with the same
Fever, chills, and vomiting, followed by muscular collapse, paralysis, and finally, death.
There were no outward signs of trauma. Autopsy results showed toxicity in
the blood. These women did not know each other, and seemed to have nothing in common. It
was discovered, however, that they had all visited the same restaurant (Big Chappies, at
Blare Airport), within days of their deaths.
The health department descended on the restaurant, shutting it down.
The food, water, and air conditioning were all inspected and tested, to no avail.
The big break came when a waitress at the restaurant was rushed to
the hospital with similar symptoms. She told doctors that she had been on vacation, and
had only went to the restaurant to pick up her check. She did not eat or drink while she
was there, but had used the restroom. That is when one toxicologist, remembering an
article he had read, drove out to the
restaurant, went into the restroom, and lifted the toilet seat. Under the
seat, out of normal view, was small spider. The spider was captured and brought back to
the lab, where it was determined to be the south American Blush Spider (arachnius
gluteus), so named because of its reddened flesh color. This spider's venom is extremely
toxic, but can take several days to take effect.
They live in cold, dark, damp, climates, and toilet rims provide just the right
atmosphere. Several days later a lawyer from Los Angeles showed up at a hospital emergency
room. Before his death, he told the doctor, that he had been away on business, had taken a
flight from New York, changing planes in Chicago, before returning home. He did not visit
Big Chappies while there. He did, as did all of the other victims, have what was
determined to be a puncture wound, on his right buttock.
Investigators discovered that the flight he was on had originated in south
America. The Civilian Aeronautics Board (CAB) ordered an immediate
inspection of the toilets of all flights from South America, and discovered
the Blush spider's nests on 4 different planes! It is now beleived that
these spiders can be anywhere in the country. So please, before you use
a public toilet, lift the seat to check for spiders. It can save your life! And please
pass this on to everyone you care about
Officer Sylvia Steele
Texas A&M International University
5201 University Blvd.
Laredo, Tx 78041-1999